Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways in connection with activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Sites. Users may visit our Corporate Site anonymously where we will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Corporate Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Sites. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Realizeit may collect and use Users personal information to improve our Sites experience. Please see a full description of What Realizeit does with the information it collects in the Privacy Shield section below.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Sites. The Company will comply with EU Regulation 2016/679 commonly known as the “GDPR”. GDPR updates will be provided to the Client as is required by the Regulation.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined in this policy.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Sites that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licencors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Sites. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Sites, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Sites from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Sites, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Sites. Your continued use of the Sites following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
EU-U.S Privacy Shield Framework additional policy elements
Realizeit complies with the EU-U.S Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information received from the European Union. Realizeit and its affiliates have certified that they adhere to the Privacy Shield principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, and recourse, enforcement and liability (“Principles”). If there is any conflict between the policies in this Statement and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Principles shall govern. To learn more about Privacy Shield, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce Privacy Shield website: https://www.privacyshield.gov/. For more information regarding our Privacy Shield certification, please see: https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
What Realizeit does with the information it collects
Realizeit makes adaptive learning lessons comments, discussion boards, messaging faciality available in certain areas of the Services. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Realizeit may use aggregated personal information to determine the demographic composition of our user base and to distribute statistics/data analytics/usage analytics and general marketplace information about Realizeit. This aggregate information does not identify specific users.
Certain non-personal information regarding users is recorded by the standard operation of the Internet servers hosting the Services and by necessary applications required to deliver the Service. This information is primarily used to provide users of the Services with an enhanced online experience i.e. the adaptive learning experience. Realizeit may disclose aggregated user statistics/analytics in order to describe the Services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
Some features of the Services may be offered in conjunction with a partner company selected by us or by your Institution/Corporation. In order to provide these features, it may be necessary for either you or us to share your personal information with this company. If you do not want your information to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular feature.
Realizeit utilizes other companies to provide limited services on its behalf, including but not limited to customer support, web analytics, coordination of mailings and event management. These companies are permitted to access only the information they require to perform those services. Realizeit requires these companies to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information and prohibits them from using the information for any other purpose than the purpose for which it was collected.
Realizeit’s transfer of Personal/Student Data to a third party in the event of a company transaction is governed by our agreements with our educational institutions and applicable law.
This Statement applies to any personal information received by Realizeit and its affiliates from the European Union in reliance on Privacy Shield.
Realizeit Data Processing Activities
3. Onward Transfers (Transfer to Third Parties). Realizeit may transfer personal information to certain third parties (as described above). Where we transfer personal information to a third party, will take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure the third party processes personal information for limited and specified purposes and in a manner consistent with Realizeit’s Privacy Shield obligations. Where the transfer is to a third-party agent acting on our behalf, Realizeit may be liable if such third parties fail to meet those obligations, and we are responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
4. Security. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
5. Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation. We will process personal information in a manner that is compatible with and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by individuals. Where we receive personal information from an Institution, it shall be the Institution that determines those purposes. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
6. Access. EU individuals have the right to reasonable access to the personal information about you that we hold. On request, we will also take reasonable steps to correct, update, amend or delete any information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of doing so would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question or where the rights of third parties would be violated. Where we process personal information on behalf of an Institution, we will direct any individual requests for access or to limit use or disclosure to the Institution, and we will work with such Institution in complying with such requests in accordance with applicable law and our obligations under Privacy Shield.
7. Jurisdiction and Enforcement. As part of our participation in Privacy Shield, we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission.
8. Lawful Requests. Realizeit may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
9. Contact Realizeit and Recourse
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Realizeit commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact (your organization name) at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Privacy and Security
220 N Smith St., Suite 228
Palatine, IL 60067
Realizeit has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU.